At Mootha Thayaparan & Co, we offer a wide range of services to our individual and business clients thus enabling them to benefit from personalized, quality service that is beyond comparison. For your convenience, we have listed the services that we offer together with a brief description.
As the list below is by no means comprehensive, please feel free to inquire about a service if you do not see it listed.
Providing financial information to our clients in a timely and accurate manner is a commitment that we feel cannot be compromised. Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis. Our firm provides a full range of cost effective accounting services including the following:
- General ledger & financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly/Quarterly/Annual)
- Accounting system setup for new businesses
- Compilation of financial statements
- Audits and reviews
We prefer to take a proactive vs. reactive approach to tax services. By keeping current on new tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize both your current and future tax liabilities. We provide our individual and business clients with the taxation expertise and knowledge that they deserve throughout the year.
Tax planning is an essential element of the tax preparation process. By making tax planning part of your overall business strategy, you can use our experience and access to the most current tax developments to minimize your tax liabilities. Tax services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tax planning for individuals and corporations
- Tax Return preparation for :
- - Individuals
- - Corporations
- - Estates and trusts
- - Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and federal commodity tax planning and compliance
- Tax considerations in matrimonial settlements
- Tax effects of buying/selling a business
- Tax effective retirement and estate planning
- Assisting and representing clients during audits and appeals process by CRA.
- Negotiating with CRA to get optimum results for clients.
As a business grows, it must hire more employees, which can result in increased payroll administration. We can assist you in implementing the controls necessary to ensure a reliable, efficient, and effective payroll system. Our firm can also help you develop a payroll system and prepare all necessary payroll tax returns in a timely manner.
Federal and Provincial Sales Tax (GST, HST, and PST )
Sales Taxes - GST, HST and PST
Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes in many different jurisdictions. We can assist your company in the compilation of information and preparation of sales tax returns, and in controlling your sales-tax-related costs.
Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credits (SR & ED)
SR & ED Tax Credit Claim Services
The Federal Government’s Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program provides tax incentives to Canadian businesses that develop new or improved technically advanced products or processes in Canada. CRA administers the SR&ED program.
On top of the federal credits the corporations carrying on qualifying Industrial R&D in British Columbia will be able to claim an additional BC tax credits as well.
We assist in:
- Determining the amounts of eligible expenditures and activities,
- Preparing the required tax forms,
- Working with you through the complete audit process, and
- Analysis and review of claims for SR&ED Tax Credits, for taxpayers who are in a position to prepare their own claims for SR&ED tax credits.
We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business. The following are just a few of the areas in which we provide consulting services:
- Accounting software selection and implementation
- Business valuations
- Buying/selling a business
- Business process improvement
- Computer systems
- Financial & retirement planning
- Estate planning
Due to our diverse client base, we encounter a wide array of financial and tax issues. As a result, we have gained valuable experience over the years in numerous specialized areas, many of which are listed below. We feel our ability to provide such a variety of services reflects our versatility and competency, as well as our dedication to quality client service.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Corporate recovery
- Asset protection
- Debt Management
- Business start-up or expansion
- Litigation support
- Cash flow forecasting
- Employee benefit plans
- Expert witness services